headcanon: Shepard’s a “sun’s out, guns out” kind of guy.
Shepard had been watching too many vintage serials lately, on nights when he couldn’t sleep.
Kaidan had no idea what archives he’d dug them out of, or if Joker’d downloaded them for him off the extranet. You could find all kinds of crazy things on there, not that Kaidan was looking, although he couldn’t help but overhear the rumors of a vid series about the first human Spectre and the turian who hadn’t left his side in years. Rated X for Xeno, obviously.
Kaidan tried not to think about it, same as everyone else. What he didn’t watch probably wouldn’t keep him up at night, too, watching those old serials at Shepard’s side, cheek resting on his shoulder while he tried not to doze off too early.
‘You wouldn’t believe how old school this stuff is, Kaidan,’ Shepard told him, which was how Kaidan knew about the show in the first place. ‘You and me… We should watch it together sometime. When you’re not taking care of important Spectre business after hours, that is.’
Kaidan’s second clue was the pair of sunglasses Shepard bought less than a day after that.
It wasn’t like he needed to wear them around the ship. But he did anyway, and Kaidan figured, of all the ways Shepard could manifest a wartime eccentricity, this was probably the least offensive.
A few mornings later, heading into the mess for breakfast, Shepard was already wearing them. ‘Hey, Shepard,’ Kaidan said, nursing a mug of coffee that tasted—the way it always did on the Normandy—like something that’d come out of the wrong end of a krogan. As though a krogan even had a right end. ‘Did you hear the latest merc news?’
‘Sure did,’ Shepard replied, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. ‘And it looks like the Blue Suns have…eclipsed their competition.’
‘Yeaaaaah,’ Garrus added, just passing by.
‘Okay then,’ Kaidan said.
They were speaking a language all their own. Maybe he’d finally understand it someday.
- valardohaeri-s reblogged this from spicyshimmy
- gamer-cheetah reblogged this from spicyshimmy
- isaviel likes this
- askdrunkitaliano likes this
- roaminromans reblogged this from vestige-rogue
- vestige-rogue reblogged this from spectrewarden
- vestige-rogue likes this
- nerdnector likes this
- kuchibirumotion reblogged this from liverquiver-moved
- kuchibirumotion likes this
- oliverormando reblogged this from liverquiver-moved
- pashonya likes this
- tinyheroes reblogged this from liverquiver-moved
- code-sumeragi likes this
- tinyheroes likes this
- fallenofghislain likes this
- caesar-at-the-rubicon reblogged this from fyeahmshepkaidan
- treksfromlastnight reblogged this from fyeahmshepkaidan
- treksfromlastnight likes this
- allknowinghufflepuffat likes this
- quarrelsome reblogged this from touyadono
- touyadono reblogged this from fyeahmshepkaidan
- touyadono likes this
- xmmdrake likes this
- jensenshackled likes this
- enn7 reblogged this from fyeahmshepkaidan
- monkoffthefanboy likes this
- enn7 likes this
- notthenoviceyouarelookingfor reblogged this from fyeahmshepkaidan
- upeydowneyjr reblogged this from tangoingturians
- eonycteris likes this
- sherlocksviolinteacher likes this
- mintsui likes this
- tangoingturians reblogged this from fyeahmshepkaidan
- longcon likes this
- fyeahmshepkaidan reblogged this from spicyshimmy
- lauranis reblogged this from liverquiver-moved
- lauranis likes this
- draaagon reblogged this from ikniu
- captainredfieldswifey reblogged this from liverquiver-moved and added:
- wrensker likes this
- spannedsoul likes this
- ikniu reblogged this from liverquiver-moved
- insanitys-laughter likes this
- addira reblogged this from kingrobb
- theubergrump likes this
- epicscruffwishes reblogged this from kaidanaleneko
- warmachine--68 reblogged this from kingrobb
- missnuki reblogged this from kingrobb
- missnuki likes this